Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Seasons Greetings!





Hello and Happy Wednesday! 

I realize that it isn't October yet and I've posted a Christmas card on IG and now on my blog but I felt inspired. Even more so because it's an image I colored back in mid June for Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge!

In my quest for images to color for the challenge, I was perusing The East Wind on Etsy and found this beautiful image called, Aurora Reindeer. It was a joy to color and surprisingly didn't take me that long. I will happily admit I am a slow crafter. 

To start, I colored the image with Copic markers and added Clear Wink of Stella to the trees in the background and around the fuzzy parts of her coat. I also added white dots over the top of the image to look like snow using a Uniball Signo Broad White Gel Pen.



When I was finished coloring, I used a large circle die and set it aside for three months simply because I wanted to make this card when I wasn't rushed and I could make a card I like. 



When I sat down to finish this card, I wanted the image to stand out but wasn't quite sure how to proceed with the card. It's ok to step back and ask a friend their opinion once in a while. My sweet friend Giorgia makes such wonderful cards and I mentioned to her that I was almost intimidated to make a card with this image. Sometimes I am so pleased with my coloring that I put it aside until I have a good idea on how to make a card that won't ruin my coloring. She suggested that I keep the card simple. Only the image and a sentiment. After that, the ideas came easier. Clean and simple isn't exactly my style! haha

I started by creating a square card base which measures 5" x 5" With Neenah Solar White 110 lb cardstock. I decided on a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp that says, "Seasons Greetings," and comes from the stamp set, Be Joyful



I cut a 3 inch scrap piece of paper and heat embossed the sentiment using Versamark and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I finished the sentiment by using my scissors to cut both ends to make it look like a banner. 

For the background, I decided to use the Falling Snow Stencil from Simon Says Stamp and White Embossing Paste from Wendy Vecchi. 



To add a little more sparkle and define the circle against the background, I used a Sakura Stardust Glitter Pen and drew a thick line around the edge of the die cut circle. 

I added dimension by adding foam tape to the back of the circle and on the back of the sentiment and the card was finished.





Thank you for stopping by to see how I finished this card! I will be back on Friday with a card for the CDD Blog Hop!

Have a beautiful day!

Kristin

4 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful. Your colouring is amazing. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the most amazing card ever ever ever created in the whole galaxy! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Gio, you're too kind! Thank you so much! :))

      Delete