Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Don't be a grinch and Very Merry Christmas!



Hello and Good Morning! 

I'm here to showcase a great stamp set, Tis The Season! For the month of December, we'll be showcasing some of our favorite stamp sets on the CDD blog so join us daily to see the wonderful projects from the CDD DT!

Today I have two cards to share with you.

Here is my first card:



This is a simple card because I wanted the sentiment, Very Merry Christmas, to stand out. It's big and bold so why not show it off?

I heat embossed the sentiment using WOW Gold Rich Pale embossing powder on a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper. I wanted to add a snowflake so I chose the snowflake with a heart in the center from the stamp set, Chilly.




I used four Distress Inks: Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Chipped Sapphire. I also used some gold shimmer and white shimmer from my Gansai Tambi watercolors.




When the panel was dry, I used the largest scallop die from the Fancy Frame Dies set and after I adhered everything to the card base, I was finished!





Here is my second card:



For this card, I used, Tis The Season and Elf Made, along with two die sets, Fancy Frame Dies and Stitched Scallop Dies.

Using one of the dies from the Stitched Scallop set, I die cut the panel at an angle, taped the two pieces of paper together again and die cut the panel again using the largest scallop frame from the Fancy Frame set. Then I separated the two panels and blended Twisted Citron Distress Ink into the lower panel. 


For the background, I used three snowflakes from the Chilly stamp set and two Hero Arts Shadow Inks, Green Hills and Soft Green.

I colored the girl elf with various Copic markers. I had a Clear Wink of Stella explosion when I was shaking the brush pen so I splattered more on the paper to look like it was intentional! haha


The sentiment I chose from Tis The Season for this card is, Don't be a grinch.



After adhering everything to the panel, I was finished!


CDD products used:





Elf Made

Stitched Scallop Dies


Thank you for stopping by and have a beautiful day!


1 comment:

  1. Your a rock star. Both cards r fantastic.. Always so creative,,

    ReplyDelete