Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Halloween Hello!


Hello and Happy Thursday!


Today I'm sharing a Halloween card using Witch Way is the Candy? from My Favorite Things. This is a stamp set I received last year and all I did was color the images. I thought since it's that time again I would make an actual card! 

To start, I wanted to create a background using the oh-so fun ink smooshing technique. Using my Gansai Tambi watercolors, I used a paintbrush to pick up the color and made a small watercolor puddle on my craft sheet. Next, I used a stamp envelope to pick up the color and place and smoosh it onto the watercolor cardstock. I repeated this until I liked my background. This sheet of cardstock was 5x7 so I cut it down to a quarter inch smaller than an A2 size. 


To prepare a shaker window, I used two Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies. I used Tombo Extreme Adhesive to adhere the acetate to the window and adhere the watercolor panel to the card base. 


For the sequins, I used Jack-o'-Lantern and Trick or Treat from Little Things from Lucy's Cards. I also added a couple of black cat sequins from the Spellbound sequin pack. These sequin packs have so much included that I wanted to dump the whole bag into the shaker area! haha


I chose the sentiment, A Halloween Hello. I die cut a banner and cut it down so it was small enough to fit in the corner. Then I heat embossed the sentiment using Versamark ink and Hero Arts White embossing powder. 



Next I die cut a few spiders out of black cardstock using the Scary Spiders from Memorybox. I am absolutely terrified of spiders so why I have this die in my possession is a mystery. I kept checking to make sure I had the paper spiders and I wasn't accidentally picking up a real spider! Oh, the joys of living in Colorado. 



The only thing left was to add the images I colored last year. I wanted to make it look like the frog and cat were just as worried about the spiders as I would be if such a thing was happening. They look sufficiently worried about the spiders and I am satisfied. Now to mail this out as soon as possible!

Thank you for stopping by and have a beautiful day!

Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment