Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

CDD October New Release Sneak Peek - Chilly


Hello and Happy Tuesday! 


Yesterday was Day 2 of the sneak peeks for the October stamp release at Craftin Desert Divas!

We have 4 new stamp sets for this release and 2 new die sets designed by our own design team member, Leah! 

I am showcasing the stamp set, Chilly.

I have created a card using the walrus, ice and the new Mini Banner Die.



To begin, I stamped the walrus on Neenah Solar White and masked it before I stamped the ice to make it look like the walrus is sitting on top. Next, I fussy cut the walrus and the ice and colored them with various Copic markers. To give the walrus some texture, I added colorless blender to a rag and pounced the rag on the walrus a few times. 



To make the layers for the card, I used several dies from the Fancy Frame Dies

I used the sentiment, You melt my heart. I cut a strip of vellum and heat embossed the sentiment using Versamark ink and Hero Arts white embossing powder.

For the water, I blended Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink into the background. After that, I adhered the walrus and ice with foam tape and adhered the vellum on the back of the panel. 



For the upper half of the panel, I stamped several of the snowflakes with Sea Glass ink. I stamped the heart with Raspberry Jam shadow ink and colored it in with Copics, adding Clear Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents over the top. 



I die cut a piece of patterned paper with the new Mini Banner Die and adhered it to the panel. It's such a fun die! 

After that, I added Snow Palace sequins, adhered the panels and I was finished! 




CDD products used:





I hope that you joined us on Facebook for the sneak peeks yesterday! I'll be back on the 24th with a second card from this stamp set for the fun blog hop! 


Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment