Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2018

I Hope You're in Every One of My Nine Lives



I Hope You're in Every One of My Nine Lives


Hello friends! I'm here to share a card I made using two stamp sets from My Favorite Things, Cool Cat and I Knead You


Here is the card:




I made this card for my friend, Michelle (@michii00 on IG) that includes both of our cats. These stamp sets are adorable!

This card was spur of the moment. I wasn't sure how I was going to make this card with all four cats so I decided to wing it.

The ink I used to stamp the images is Simon Says Stamp, Intense Black ink because, Copics.

To start, I cut a piece of 80 lb Neenah Solar White in half the long way and worked from left to right. The only masking involved is the cat on the far left so I could have her sitting on the cushion and the cat  with the yarn so I could tuck the yarn under his paw. Unusual for me to have so little masking on a card. haha

I finally decided to give each cat their own little section so I would have more room to color our individual cats. Using a 0.5 Copic Multiliner, I drew a line to separate the first cat and began working on the next section. Using the MISTI stamping tool, I stamped the cat in the box and the sentiment at the same time, drew a line and moved on.

After I finished the Copic coloring, I covered different sections and lightly blended Tumbled Glass or Abandoned Coral Distress Ink into the corners. After brushing a bit of clear Wink of Stella on the fish and the bows on the cats, I was finished.


I've had some questions about which Copics I used so I will leave that information here:

Copic colors used:

E55,  E35,  E37,  E57  -  Cardboard Box

R21,  R22,  R14,  R27,  N0,  N2,  -  Cat bed

R20,  E50,  YR20,  E53  -  Cat on the left (Emma)

R00,  R20,  W1  -  Fish

B00,  B0000  -  Thought Bubble

N0,  N2,  N4,  R20  -  Cat in the Box (Mini)

E30,  YR20,  E53,  R20  -  Cat top right (Julius)

N4,  N6,  N8  -  Cat bottom right (Bentley)

C00,  C2,  C4  or  W1,  W3,  W5  -  Floor under cats



Here are some additional photos of the finished card:









Thanks for stopping by, have a beautiful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment