Pages

Monday, June 18, 2018

In Case You Didn't Know... You Are Amazing



In Case You Didn't Know... You Are Amazing

Hello, friends!

It took me roughly two weeks to remember the email I used to log into my blog. Good grief, after two years of not making a card I almost forgot how to create a blog post. haha

I'm here today to share a card I made for a dear friend, Maggie (@rahzicrafts on IG) on June 1, 2018.

I will be catching up and posting the cards I made recently on my blog over the next several days.


Here is the card:



To start, I cut an A2 size panel out of Neenah Solar White 80 lb card stock and began stamping some images from the My Favorite Things stamp set, You Gnome Me, using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink.

I thought it would be fun to use large flowers to make the gnomes appear smaller so I picked the Altenew set, Peony Bouquet. I masked the gnomes and the boot and began stamping the peonies and leaves using Altenew's Jet Black ink. For the top right flower, I used the mini Altenew inks in the colors: Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, and Ruby Red, and for the other two I used Coral Berry, Ruby Red and Grapevine.

For the yellow flowers, I used Altenew ink colors: Warm Sunshine, Caramel Toffee and Paper Bag.

For the leaves, I used Altenew ink colors: Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen.

The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things stamp set, Amazing. I stamped the sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Ultra Fine clear embossing powder.

After sketching out a path for the gnomes and laying down a base for the grass, this is where I stood with the card:




As you can see from this photo, all the gnomes originally had blue hats but seeing as I rarely leave well enough alone, that changes as the card progresses. haha

Next, I finished coloring the road, grass and boot with Copic markers. I didn't want to stamp even more flowers (I was all masked out) so I used my Copics to fill in the blank spaces above the flowers. I also used my Copics to add more depth to the leaves.


I can't tell you how many images of gnomes and their clothing colors I saw before I settled on red, green and blue. While I was coloring, I started thinking about what it would be like if this is how people dressed. What a visual. I should probably start distracting myself with music while coloring. haha

To finish, I colored the gnomes and like the pro I am, I neglected to finish shading their clothing in my haste to finish the card. Nonetheless, I am pleased with how it turned out. :)





Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment