Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Polynesian Paradise



MFT Polynesian Paradise Card

Hello everyone! I'm here today to share a card I made with the Polynesian Paradise stamp set from My Favorite Things. This card is masking and Copic intensive.


Here is the card:




To begin, I took an A2 size piece of Neenah Solar White 80 lb. and stamped the girl in the center of the paper. Then I began stamping the flowers, masking as I went along.


Here is a photo I found online of a beach scene that I used for inspiration:




I wanted to use the sun on the water but I didn't have enough room to play so I focused on the beach instead.





This is how the background looked in the very beginning. I have to admit, sometimes I am intimidated by my ideas but I got there in the end. haha





After I started coloring the girl, I learned a valuable lesson that I had forgotten over the years.. Practicing coloring the image before coloring on the final piece! My coloring skills are a bit rusty. I was going for a nice suntan but she ended up looking like she had a bad sunburn so I colored her multiple times until I was finally happy with the skin tone.






After finishing the Copic coloring, I die cut a piece of Neenah Desert Storm from the larger frame from the Femme Frames set from Mama Elephant and glued it to the card base before adhering the Copic panel.

The final step was fussy cutting and adhering a few of the flowers and adding some sparkle to the pollen and the waist of her skirt with a few of the Wink of Stella colored glitter pens.




Here are a couple more images of the finished card:





Special thanks to my cat for his interest in photography. haha



Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment